How can I get involved?
Volunteer. We have a range of volunteering opportunities for those who have the time to spare and want to meet some great people. Get in touch if you'd like to help with:
- Warehouse day - Thursdays from 9.30am - 12.30pm, and alternate Saturdays 10.30am - 1.30pm, you will find us at our warehouse sorting through donations, packing up aid and attempting to get organised! We advertise on our Facebook page when we're going to be there and on the events page here, so check first before turning up.
- Calais aid runs - once a month or so we pack up our trusty van and head off to Northern France to deliver all the aid that's been collected by you guys to teams in Calais, Dunkirk and Paris. Let us know if you'd be interested in coming along.
- If you'd like to volunteer overseas, we can help you get started and match you up with the right organisation or place for you to volunteer, whether it be in a warehouse preparing welcome packs, sorting clothing, checking tents or chopping wood, in one of the kitchens helping to feed the refugees or in the camps distributing aid to residents.
Donate goods. Our most needed items are listed here:
We also accept the following donations:
- Women's, children's and men's clothes not listed above (these usually go on containers to Syria in collaboration with a charity we work with, Muslims in Need).
- Books, toys, DVDs, CDs and general bric-a-brac (basically anything you would donate to a charity shop, in good quality). These are sold in jumble sales and car boots to raise extra funds.
Hold a collection. If you want to hold a collection at your local church, school, village hall, then let us know. We'll help you figure out what to collect and how to sort it and then we'll store it and deliver it to the people who need it. We'll also help you promote the event.
Put on a fundraiser. Whether it's an event, a car boot or table top sale, a clothes swap or a sponsored sporting event, we're always looking for people to put on fundraisers for us. This is a great way to bring people together, spread the word and raise awareness of this important cause and bring in some cash to help us deliver aid to refugees. Get in touch and we can help you with promoting the event.
Share your skills. Got a skill that you'd like to share? Experience with running or setting up a charity? Got joinery or building skills you could put to use in our warehouse? Are you a photographer that would like to take some promotional photos for us? Get in touch and let us know how you think you could help us improve our set up.